Olomouc is a former fortress city whose border was defined in the mid-19th century by a fort line surrounding the city with more than twenty forts. The site is located on the border of the city and countryside within this line where each structure used to form self-enclosed unit (forts, brickyard, cemeteries etc.). That is also determinative for a new residential complex that creates a self-centered compound with clearly defined limits, like the historic examples. The structure and size of the blocks follow the most sought-after location of Olomouc like the administrative district or Lazce development from the period of 1918–1938. The main motif of the buildings is diversity of apartments and maintaining as much privacy in the apartments and their terraces, loggias, atriums or gardens as possible. The resulting typology is on the boundary between family and apartment houses trying to combine their advantages and at the same time to eliminate their disadvantages. Just like the forts defined the form of the residential complex, they also defined the main building material – burnt bricks. The residential complex, with its size of 1.000 inhabitants equivalent to regular Moravian village, is completed with basic public facilities – grocery, café, kindergarten, and sports club.